Builders Darlington – New Building Regulations That Will Take Effect in June 2022
As professional Builders in Darlington and across the North East, we need to keep up to date with the latest building regulations. From 2022 new homes will need to produce less carbon emissions, around 30% less to what they are currently producing. This is part of an update to the new Building Regulations. These significant changes have been put in place to uplift all existing energy efficiency standards. These Building Regulations are five new approved documents including uplifts to Part L, fuel and power, and Part F, ventilation which will both take effect from 15th June 2022. Are you prepared for the changes? They will have the biggest impact on new and existing homes.
What Has Been Announced?
There has been a direct £6.6 billon investment for improving energy efficiency of buildings and the changes will impact both new and existing homes across the UK. The changes for new homes…
- 30% cut on emissions from new homes as well as a 27% for any new commercial premises such as offices and shops
- There has been a new building regulation and the new approved Document O has been set to mitigate the risk of overheating any homes
- New homes will pick up the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standards and measure energy efficiency
- There will be a maximum flow temperature requirement of 55% for new and replacement heating systems (as stated in Part L)
- There is a new appendix in Part L which outlines a good practice specification for any home built with a heat pump
For existing homes…
- Extensions to Part L & Part F of the new Building Regulations have set new minimum standards for fabric efficiency
- There will be a new requirement for all new replacement heating system designs that will accept low carbon heating
The transition period will begin in June 2022 and the new rules and regulations will come into effect. It is starting at the later date to allow for any planning applications that are currently underway.
Our expert team of builders in Darlington can help you to improve your home with a new kitchen, extension, renovation, conversion or even build you a BRAND NEW house! Contact us today on 01748 529700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.